On Track Innovations Takes a License under the Leighton Technologies Patents
Suffern, N.Y. – March 10, 2014 − General Patent Corporation (GPC), a leading patent licensing and enforcement firm, announced today on behalf of its subsidiary, Leighton Technologies LLC (Leighton), that it settled a patent infringement lawsuit against On Track Innovations, Ltd. of Rosh-Pina, Israel and OTI America, Inc. of Iselin, New Jersey (OTI).
As a result of the settlement, OTI has licensed Leighton Technologies’ portfolio of six “Contactless Cards” and related technology patents at a 5% royalty rate. The Leighton patent portfolio covers a hot lamination process for the manufacture of contact and contactless smart cards and RFID cards.
“We are pleased to have reached an amicable resolution of this case,” said Anthony Amaral, Chief IP Counsel of General Patent Corporation.
This settlement resolves claims against OTI in Leighton Technologies LLC v. On Track Innovations, Inc., et. al. (13-CIV-8037), filed in U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York on November 12, 2013. Leighton Technologies was represented by Kheyfits & Maloney LLP of New York, New York.
OTI is the twelfth licensee of the Leighton patents. Ubinet Incorporation of Taiwan and Parallax, Inc. have both recently taken a license under the Leighton patents, both at Leighton’s standard 5% royalty rate.
About Leighton Technologies LLC
Leighton Technologies LLC is the owner of six “Contactless Cards” and related U.S. Patents:
1. 5,817,207: “Radio frequency identification card and hot lamination process for the manufacture of radio frequency identification cards”
2. 6,036,099: “Hot lamination process for the manufacture of a combination contact/contactless smart card and product resulting therefrom”
3. 6,214,155: “Radio frequency identification card and hot lamination process for the manufacture of radio frequency identification cards”
4. RE 40,145 “Ultra-thin flexible durable radio frequency identification devices and hot or cold lamination process for the manufacture of ultra-thin flexible durable radio frequency identification devices”
5. 6,557,766: “Hot lamination method for a hybrid radio frequency optical memory card converting sheets into a web process”
6. 6,514,367: “Hot lamination process for the manufacture of a combination contact/contactless smart card”
Leighton Technologies is managed by General Patent Corporation. A non-exclusive license under these patents is available on fair, reasonable and non-discriminatory terms. For licensing terms, please contact Kathlene Ingham at (845) 368-4000 x107. The litigation filed by Leighton Technologies LLC, and the settlements and licensees it has secured for its patent portfolio, are detailed at www.leighton-tech.com.