Securitag Assembly Group Takes a License from Leighton Technologies
Suffern, N.Y. – March 27, 2014 − General Patent Corporation (GPC), a leading patent licensing firm, announced today on behalf of its subsidiary, Leighton Technologies LLC (Leighton), that it has licensed a Leighton patent to Securitag Assembly Group Co., Ltd. of Taiwan, Republic of China (Securitag).
Securitag has licensed Leighton’s United States Patent No. RE40145 at a 5% royalty rate. The patent covers a hot lamination process for the manufacture of contact and contactless smart cards and RFID cards.
“We are pleased to have Securitag join the other smart card manufacturers that are licensing the Leighton patents,” said Kathlene Ingham, Director of Licensing at General Patent Corporation. “Licenses under the Leighton patents are available at our standard non-discriminatory royalty rate of 5%.”
Securitag is the thirteenth licensee under the Leighton patents.
About Leighton Technologies LLC
Leighton Technologies LLC is the owner of six “Contactless Cards” and related U.S. Patents:
1. 5,817,207: “Radio frequency identification card and hot lamination process for the manufacture of radio frequency identification cards”
2. 6,036,099: “Hot lamination process for the manufacture of a combination contact/contactless smart card and product resulting therefrom”
3. 6,214,155: “Radio frequency identification card and hot lamination process for the manufacture of radio frequency identification cards”
4. RE 40,145 “Ultra-thin flexible durable radio frequency identification devices and hot or cold lamination process for the manufacture of ultra-thin flexible durable radio frequency identification devices”
5. 6,557,766: “Hot lamination method for a hybrid radio frequency optical memory card converting sheets into a web process”
6. 6,514,367: “Hot lamination process for the manufacture of a combination contact/contactless smart card”
Leighton Technologies is managed by General Patent Corporation. A non-exclusive license under these patents is available on fair, reasonable and non-discriminatory terms. For licensing terms, please contact Kathlene Ingham at (845) 368-4000 x107. The litigation filed by Leighton Technologies LLC, and the settlements and licensees it has secured for its patent portfolio, are detailed at www.leighton-tech.com.