Chief IP Counsel
Prior to joining General Patent Corporation, Mr. Amaral spent more than 25 years in private practice at both intellectual property boutiques and large general practice law firms where he was engaged in all aspects of Intellectual Property Law.
His primary area of legal expertise is Patent Law including procurement, litigation, licensing and counseling. Over the years he has been involved in dozens of patent infringement cases covering a wide area of technologies and has participated in all aspects thereof including pre-trial discovery and motion practice, trial practice before U.S. District Courts nationwide, and appellate practice before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
Mr. Amaral earned B.S.E.E. and M.S.E.E. degrees from Polytechnic Institute of Brooklyn (now Polytechnic Institute of New York University) where he also completed all the required Ph.D. level coursework in Electrical Engineering. In addition, he received J.D. and LL.M. (Trade Regulation) degrees from St. John’s University School of Law and New York University School of Law, respectively. He is a member of the Bar of the State of New York and is registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
• U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
• U.S. Claims Court
• U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
• U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
• U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
• U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
• U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
• U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
• U.S. District Court, Northern District of California